Government Relations Specialist- Temp
The Leadership Group seeks a government relations specialist to assist our federal and state policy efforts for 1-4 months. This person will be responsible in assisting with strategic opportunities for members to engage and advocate before the federal and state government and assist in government affairs efforts. This person will help to manage, research and facilitate U.S. and California legislative and regulatory policy priorities and logistics for the organization, and monitor developments in federal and state affairs. The position will focus on organizing various government relations efforts across policy areas in addition to helping lead our tax policy work.
Qualifications: The Government Relations Specialist should have a Bachelor’s Degree; one-three years in federal and/or state government or equivalent experience; and, strong written and oral communications skills.
We seek an individual with experience working with members of the Administration, Congress, state legislature, regulatory agencies, their staffs and other key policymakers. The preferred candidate will have knowledge in one or more policy areas in our portfolio.
The successful candidate must be a strong team player and enjoy working in a collegial yet highly fast-paced and effective culture. Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, execute strategy and operate with confidentiality will also be required as are excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. We seek an individual with an appreciation for the complexities of working across multiple policy disciplines. In addition, the preferred candidate will have a strong mission orientation and a passion for non-profit community service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist colleagues and members with Annual Washington, D.C. and Sacramento trips, follow-up visits and Silicon Valley roundtable opportunities;
- Work with colleagues and members on the organization’s federal and state legislative priorities;
- Work with relevant federal and state agencies on regulatory priorities;
- Help develop federal and state legislative and regulatory policies for the organization:
- Assist with drafting legislative initiatives as well as supporting statements and documentation.
- Monitor developments in the federal and state arenas;
- Discover, analyze, research and report on federal and state government related developments that could materially affect efforts by the Silicon Valley Leadership Group to accomplish shared strategic objectives; and
- Make recommendations on and develop correspondence to emerging federal and state legislative and regulatory issues.
- Help prepare materials to equip colleagues and members to advocate effectively in support of policy objectives; and
- Develop ideas and content for electronic messages, web content and updates on policy.
Compensation as a temporary contractor is $4,000/month.
Submit resume and cover letters to email@example.com