Job Title: Investor Relations/Coalitions Associate
ABOUT US: The Silicon Valley Leadership Group, founded in 1978 by David Packard of Hewlett-Packard, represents more than 380 of Silicon Valley’s most respected employers on issues, programs and campaigns that affect the economic health and quality of life in Silicon Valley. Public policy issues we engage in include energy, transportation, education, housing, health care, taxation, economic vitality and the environment. Go to SVLG.org for more information.
The Investor Relations/Coalitions Associate role offers a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of Silicon Valley’s innovation economy and public policy. The Investor Relations/Coalitions Associate will have the opportunity to understand public policy as seen through the lens of Silicon Valley’s technology firms, and build relationships with both private sector CEOs and public officials at the local, state and federal levels. This role will also require cultivation of relationships with advocacy associations in other regions of the state and nation, as part of ongoing coalition-building efforts being led by the Leadership Group.
Duties: The Investor Relations/Coalitions Associate will support and report to the Vice President of Investor Relations/Coalitions.
Duties include the following:
Membership Dues Collection:
- Invoicing and collecting annual membership dues, as well as tracking membership dues revenue. Familiarity with QuickBooks and Excel spreadsheets strongly recommended.
Membership Recruitment & Engagement:
- Tracking new members: Seeing that new members have paid membership dues, have submitted new member information forms, and are receiving Leadership Group communications.
- Performing systematic new member follow-up: Contacting new members three months and six months after joining to gauge activation/integration into the Leadership Group.
- Planning and executing meetings with senior executives and elected officials.
- Maintaining content for the Leadership Group, both online and hard copy membership recruitment collateral.
- Supporting VP of Investor Relations/Coalitions in logistics and content of annual Strategy Conference with member company representatives.
- Building relationships with member company liaison representatives.
- Maintaining Salesforce database, membership website, and researching weekly member earnings reports.
- Supporting statewide Regional Economic Association Leaders of California (R.E.A.L.) Coalition of 21 regional and state advocacy associations to advance policy portfolio related to water, economic competitiveness, and education/workforce development.
- Developing R.E.A.L. Coalition agenda, sending invitations to guest speakers, working with coalition partners, tracking RSVPs, and coordinating meeting logistics.
- Attending Silicon Valley Leadership Group special events. The events range in size from 50 to 1,500 participants.
- Assisting with Leadership Group community events such as the Silicon Valley Turkey Trot.
- Developing a collaborative working relationship with a local elected official, a partner nonprofit organization, and a local jurisdiction in Silicon Valley.
- Recruiting and supervising interns.
- The Investor Relations/Coalitions Associate must be a college graduate with some professional experience. Excellent writing and communications skills are essential, including public speaking ability. She or he should be comfortable interfacing directly with CEOs, legislators and other senior officials.
- Knowledge and experience in word processing and spreadsheet functions is essential. We currently use: Microsoft products (particularly Excel), Salesforce.com, Vertical Response, QuickBooks, Eventbrite, and WordPress.
- Ability to quickly switch gears, provide support for all Leadership Group colleagues, and prioritize goals is essential.
- Attention to detail, neatness, and punctuality.
- Position requires occasional early morning and early evening meeting availability to be arranged in advance.
- Positive attitude, energy and the desire to learn and contribute to a dynamic organization is highly desirable.
Competitive salary and benefits w/ health care, dental; 401(k) plan. Starting salary based on experience (range: $45,000-55,000). Our offices are based in San Jose within walking distance of the airport, Guadalupe River Trail and public transit; subsidized fitness center nearby.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
We will be accepting applications through Friday, May 30th.