The Silicon Valley Leadership Group
Coordinator Positions / Internships
Want to experience first-hand how public policy is developed on local, state, and federal levels?
Want to make a difference in areas such as improving middle school math education, reducing
greenhouse gas emissions, increasing the supply of affordable homes?
The Silicon Valley Leadership Group, a public policy trade association engaged in quality of life and
bottom-line business issues on behalf of over 300 companies in Silicon Valley, is looking for policy
- Assume responsibility for one major project in your selected issue area with the assistance and
oversight of your mentor, for example in depth research on a proposed policy measure, helping
to organize a major event, etc.
- Review and analyze proposed legislation or policy/regulatory changes, including
recommendations for future action by the Leadership Group, as appropriate. Interact with
legislative and government offices on policy issues.
- Assist in preparing for meetings with company and community leaders, including agenda
preparation and mailing, follow-up phone calls, meeting research and minutes. Interns are also
allowed and encouraged to attend the meetings they have helped to arrange and other
Leadership Group meetings and events to learn and to make contacts
- Prepare and present information to appropriate Leadership Group committees or task forces.
Anticipate and be prepared to answer audience questions on issues.
- Assist other office staff and interns in administrative projects, as needed.
Focus on one of the following areas
- Government Relations
- Health Policy
- Housing/Land Use
- Tax Policy
- Tech & Innovation
- Graphic Design & Web Development
This is a volunteer internship position. College credit may be available through your school.
Time Commitment: Interns must commit to a minimum of fifteen hours per week for a minimum of
three months. Individual circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Required skills: Comfort with using Microsoft Office Suite and with doing internet research.
Please send resumes and references to: email@example.com. Indicate your interest in the policy areas (above) by order of preference.