Silicon Valley hopes to hear these issues addressed in tonight’s State of the Union address:
- Immigration reform; passage of a comprehensive plan that includes high skilled workers with bi-partisan, bicameral support.
- Comprehensive tax reform; ensuring U.S. companies, domestic and international, can successfully compete and create jobs.
- Education reform; so that kids born in America are equipped with the knowledge to compete with kids educated around the world.
- Cybersecurity; that addresses the safety of America and the economic strengths of American companies
- Infrastructure; investments to rebuild America’s transportation, energy and water systems to keep Americans and America’s economy moving.
These are the pressing issues facing our nation’s innovation economy today that Silicon Valley hopes to hear from President Obama tonight.