Here’s food for thought … San Jose Airport is taking off.
In the past three years, the Silicon Valley Leadership Group has actively championed several international flights out of San Jose International Airport:
- ANA to Tokyo began January 11, 2013
- Hainan Airlines to Beijing began June 15, 2015
- British Airways to London starts May 4, 2016
- Air Canada to Vancouver starts May 9, 2016
- Lufthansa to Frankfurt starts July 1, 2016
It’s time to look within the U.S. rather than just abroad. Our recent survey of 120 executives identified some of the top domestic destinations:
- New York City
- Washington, D.C.
If given a preference based on convenience or cost, 89 percent would prefer flights from San Jose Airport, 3 percent from San Francisco Airport. Now the hard part: trying to convince airlines to care about the choices and concerns of their customers – and making the business case for multi-billion dollar decisions.
The Silicon Valley Leadership Group will fight for flights. Please join us.