Please join us for the
10th Women and Girls Leadership Summit
Tuesday, June 4th, 2013
8:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
McKinley Institute of Technology: 400 Duane St Redwood City, CA 94062
Click here to register!
The Women & Girls Summit helps empower young girls from our under-resourced schools by introducing them to private and public sector women role models and serves to energize the girls about the importance of education.
Please join us for a morning where elected officials, community leaders, and women executives join together to inspire young girls at McKinley Institute of Technology through candid panel conversations, activities, and classroom visits about college and career pathways.By participating in this event, you have the opportunity to develop mentoring relationships with the young girls, and to meet and network with other women executives.
As a thank you to McKinley Institute of Technology for hosting this summit, we will bepresenting a monetary gift to the school to develop and expand their STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics program. A portion of your registration fees is used for this school gift.
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.: Breakfast and Women Networking
8:30 a.m. – 9:50 a.m. Session I
Keynote Speaker: Mayor Alicia Aguirre, Mayor of Redwood City
- Persis Drell - Stanford University Physics Professor and Former Director of the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC)
- Kathy Harris - Executive Director of Biostatistics, Amgen
- Anne McCune - COO, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford
~ Break ~
10:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Session II
- Grace Davis - Director of Corporate Affairs, U.S. Sponsor of Girls & Women Initiatives, Intel
- Raquel González - Silicon Valley Market President, Bank of America
- Rosemary Turner - President of Northern California, UPS
- Emmanuelle Rivet – Partner, Pricewaterhouse Coopers
12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.: Lunch
12:45 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.: Optional Classroom Visits
* Classroom Visits: If you are interested in signing up for a pre-assigned classroom visit to speak to students (both girls and boys) about your college and career pathways, you can do so during the registration process. Please note that these classroom visits will take place after lunch, so you should plan on staying at the school until approximately 1:30 p.m.
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors:
Contact: Bonnie Mace – (408) 501-7864 (email@example.com)
No cancellations. Substitutions are encouraged. Please contact the Silicon Valley Leadership Group at (408) 501-7864 for more information.