Driving Growth Through Leadership on Climate and Clean Energy
Join us on June 25 at Oracle to learn how to employ the latest innovative technologies and practices to create lasting value and learn what you can do on a practical level to prepare for a changing landscape. The 3rd Annual Silicon Valley Energy and Sustainability Summit will include C-Suite plenaries, policy roundtables and case studies, all focused on the business case.
Traditional sources of business value are being eroded and new opportunities are being created in our carbon and water constrained world. How can your company ensure it is best prepared to adapt to this changing landscape?
What’s more, with Governor Brown’s recent announcement regarding his clean energy goals and with the California Global Warming Solutions Act expiring in a few years, the state will again be called on to help lead the development of clean air and clean energy solutions. What will the impact be to businesses across the state?
Detailed agenda is now available!
Panels & Workshops
The Summit will feature engaging panels and workshops on energy efficiency, next generation transportation and renewables and feature discussions on partnerships and policy to drive innovation, including:
- Partnerships to Advance Municipal Climate and Clean Energy Goals
- Adapting to Climate Change: Strategies for Businesses and Communities
- Requisite Policies and Strategies to Advance CA’s Clean Energy Leadership
- Pathways to 50% – Getting from Here to There in Clean Energy, Next generation Transportation and Energy Efficiency
- Going Big on Renewables
- Intelligent Transportation Systems – Transforming Transportation Through Advanced Data and Communications Technologies
- An Energy Efficiency Workshop, focused on: (1) Building EE Standard Enforcement/Compliance; and (2) Green Building Rating Systems in California
The Summit will also feature a number of executive speakers (representative sample below) on current energy and sustainability trends including:
- Angelina Galiteva, CA ISO Board of Governors
- Gary Kremen, Board Chair, Santa Clara Valley Water District
- Barbara Hale, Assistant General Manager, Power Enterprise, SFPUC
- Jim Caldwell, Senior Technical Consultant, CEERT
- Rame Hemstreet, VP Operations & Chief Sustainable Resources Officer, Kaiser Permanente
- Andy Ball, President, West Region at Suffolk Construction
- Hilary Firestone, Sr. Project Manager, Energy Efficiency, Los Angeles Mayor’s Office of Sustainability
- Gil Friend, Chief Sustainability Officer, City of Palo Alto
- Karen Cochran, Real Estate Sustainability Lead, PG&E
- Pat Romano, President & CEO, ChargePoint
Energy Efficiency in Buildings Workshop
This year’s Summit will include a concurrent workshop on energy efficiency in buildings. This 2.5 hour workshop will include two panels, the first discussing building energy efficiency standards enforcement and compliance and the second focused on green building rating systems for the commercial sector in California. The workshop will attempt to answer questions like “how do we meet GHG emissions and energy efficiency goals for 2020 and beyond?” and “why do you need to report on building rating systems?” Speakers will highlight Pacific Gas & Electric Company’s incentive programs, the implementation of AB 758 from a California Energy Commission perspective, case studies on zero net energy (ZNE), LEED systems and much more.
Registration Fee: $20 (includes ticket to Energy and Sustainability Summit reception)
Time: 2:30-5:00PM workshop; 5:00-6:00PM reception
Workshop Partner: California Energy Efficiency Industry Council
Sponsor: Pacific Gas & Electric Company
Who Should Attend
|Enterprise risk management||Brand management||Business development|
|Business strategy||Facility and energy managers||Design engineering|
|Legal/Government Relations||Finance||Marketing leadership|
|Operations leadership||Product strategy and design||Human resources|
|Quality management||Green teams||Sustainability leadership|
Please direct questions regarding volunteer roles to Bronte Kass (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sarah Qureshi (email@example.com). Thank you!
Want to Learn More? Check out our past Energy and Sustainability Summits.