On July 23, 2014, the Silicon Valley Leadership Group hosted nearly 300 people at its 3rd Annual Workplace Wellness Summit at Microsoft Silicon Valley. Below are the videos of each session, the presenters’ PowerPoint presentations and links to additional resources from our community partners and vendors.
Session Videos and PowerPoint Presentations
Introduction and Keynote – Creating a Culture of Health in the Workplace
Session 1: How to Increase Employee Engagement
Marianne Jackson, Founder & President, 3g Human Capital Consulting and Former Chief Human Resource Officer, Blue Shield of California
Jacqueline Szeto, “WellFit” Program Manager, Brocade
Jay Rosenthal, Director of Projects, Public Inc.
Session 2: How to Measure the Health of Your Workforce
- Powerpoint: Dr. Brian Gifford
Session 3: Moving to Healthier Food and Beverage Options at Work
Margaret Shaw, Senior Benefits Manager, Marvell Semiconductor
Stephanie Chenevert, Global Food Program Marketing Manager, Google
Sherri Sager, Chief Government Relations Officer, Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford
Darcie Green, Community and Government Relations Manager, Kaiser Permanente
Session 4: The Impact of Mental Health Issues on Your Workforce and How to Mitigate the Effects of Stress, Depression, and Caregiving Issues
From Caring. Com
- The Working Caregiver
- Emotional & Financial Costs of Caregiving
- Caregiving Research Center
- Senior Care Directory
From Integrated Benefits Institute
- ReACT Coalition is an employer coalition that has created resources to support a business environment where the challenges faced by caregivers, juggling the demands of work and caregiving for an adult with a chronic age-related disease, are understood and recognized by employers.
- Employer Resource Guide: ReACT, in partnership with AARP, the National Alliance for Caregiving and Pfizer, is pleased to provide a free guide to assist front-line managers and HR executives in taking action to support their employee caregivers.
- Best Practices in Workplace Eldercare ReACT, in partnership with the National Alliance for Caregiving, published a study highlighting successful elder care programs at 17 U.S. employers, released at the 2012 “Aging in America” conference in Washington, D.C.
Partners and Vendors
- American Heart & Stroke Association of Silicon Valley
- The Bethlehem Project works with businesses to assist their eligible immigrant employees (green card holders) with the citizenship process so they become full participants in the workplace, community, and economy.
- The Health Trust promotes healthy eating through initiatives such as Fresh Carts Silicon Valley to increase access to nutritious food options.
- HeiaHeia is a Fun, Online, Social Wellness for Workplaces – try it today with no obligation
- The Integrated Benefits Institute’s work emphasizes that healthy, productive employees promote healthy business.
- Javita Coffee & Tea Company, changing lives one cup at a time.
- Keas is the market-leading engagement platform that drives health behavior change.
- Kincao make it easy to eat well at work. We deliver delicious, nutritious meals directly to groups and individuals in the South Bay.
- RidePal‘s shared shuttle network can give your company the edge it needs to acquire and retain the best talent.
- SleepRate helps people sleep better to improve the quality of their life.
- Voom is the only wellness program that prevents BOTH the injuries and illnesses associated with inactive jobs by giving you physician designed stretch and strengthening breaks.
- Zipongo is a digital platform that makes it easy to eat well.
- Keep your employees in great shape this year and join us for the 10th Anniversary Applied Materials Silicon Valley Turkey Trot. We hope to see you on Thanksgiving morning for our 5K/10K Run or Walk. Register today!