2nd Annual Employer Wellness Conference Hosted by Microsoft in Mountain View*
On April 30, 2013, the Silicon Valley Leadership Group hosted more than 250 people at the Health Happens in the Workplace: Employee Wellness Conference at Microsoft. Below are the video links to the presentations and the presenters’ PowerPoints.
Powerpoint Presentations and Videos of Sessions
Introductory Remarks by Carl Guardino, President and CEO, Silicon Valley Leadership Group, Mountain View Mayor John Inks, and Maricela Rodriguez, The California Endowment.
Session 1: Promoting Wellness Through the Affordable Care Act
- Sol Ross, Director of Business Outreach, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (No powerpoint)
- Powerpoint: David Chase, CA Outreach Director, Small Business Majority
- Powerpoint: Jason Andrew, CEO & Co-Founder at Coverage Partners
Session 2: Health Happens To and From the Workplace Panel: Promoting alternative and healthier commuting options with employees
- Powerpoint: Jacqueline Szeto, Brocade
- PowerPoint: Jessica Herrera, Facebook
- PowerPoint: Brenda Chu, Nektar Therapeutics
For the recorded webinar about Alternate Commute Programs, please click here.
If you would like more information about the Spare the Air Employer Program and active commuting, please click here.
For more information about SVLG’s Transportation Policies, please click here.
Session 3: Getting a Return on Investment: How to Make the Case for Wellness Programs to Your C-Suite
- Powerpoint: Dr. Kimberly Jinnett, Research Director, Integrated Benefits Institute
- Powerpoint: Monique Little, Chief People Officer, First Tech Federal Credit Union
Session 4: Tech Applications and Tools Transforming Wellness
- Powerpoint: Dr. Yan Chow, MD, MBA, Director, Kaiser Permanente, Information Technology’s Innovation & Advanced Technology Group (IAT)
For an article about the 2nd Annual Wellness Conference and the conference’s goals, please click here.
Thank You to our Sponsors