Silicon Valley Leadership Group’s Tax Principal Criteria
In evaluating local and regional tax measures that come before the organization, the Leadership Group will use the following criteria:
- The measure should be for a fixed term and therefore include a built-in sunset. (If the measure does not include a sunset, are the reasons for an on-going tax clearly defined?)
- Funds generated by the measure should be used for specific and identifiable purpose(s).
- A consistent dollar amount is applied equally to residential and commercial property.
- Measures should be capped at a certain level in consideration of large businesses with many parcels (contiguous parcels for the same business)
- The measure should contain a provision for a citizens’ oversight committee.