The Tax Policy Committee is an active advocate for tax policies, regulations and legislation that stimulate business prosperity, economic growth, and provide fair, reasonable and efficient administrative policies for business taxpayers and government alike.
Specifically, the Tax Policy Committee seeks to:
- Build coalitions to improve U.S. competitiveness and jobs climate through comprehensive tax reform, strategic opportunities to repatriate foreign earnings for specific uses, lower business tax rates and deferral of foreign income to level the playing field with foreign competitors.
- Protect and enhance the state and federal Research and Development (R&D) Credits.
- Level the playing field on the weighting assigned to state sales apportionment factors.
- Promote statewide tax fairness by the legislature, Franchise Tax Board, Board of Equalization and County Assessors.
- Support business incentives such as a Sales and Use Tax Exemption for the Purchases of Manufacturing and R&E Equipment.
- Defend against onerous taxes, fees and regulations.
- Partner with relevant Leadership Group Policy Committees, where applicable.
- Closely coordinate efforts on each issue with the Board of Directors, executives, Committee members, and overall membership through “CEO and Committee Issue Champions.”
Bill Harris, Intel
Jim Parker, SunPower
Member Company Participants
- Adobe Systems
- Agilent Technologies
- Applied Materials
- Aviat Networks
- Cisco Systems
- Deloitte LLP
- Ernst & Young LLP
- Fortisure Consulting
- IBM Corporation
- Intel Corporation
- KPMG LLP
- NXP Semiconductors
- Power Integrations
- SunPower Corporation
- Silicon Valley Bank
- Symantec Corporation
- Trimble Navigation