How can my company support Bike to Work Day (Thursday, May 9, 2013)?
- Become a sponsor of Bike to Work Day and/or host an Energizer Station and receive a number of media and promotional benefits. For more information visit Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition at http://bikesiliconvalley.org/
- Participate in the Company Bike Challenge where employees receive points for biking during the month of May. The Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition (SVBC) will host an award ceremony to reward the top companies with the highest amount of employee participation during Bike to Work Day and throughout the month of May.
- Identify a bike enthusiast in your company who is willing to engage employees in the Company Bike Challenge and other activities. Email email@example.com with your bike’s champion’s name and email address to ensure that they get the information they need to make Bike to Work successful for your company. Download this Bike to Work Email Template that you can quickly and easily modify to get other involved!
- Distribute bike route information and transit connections for participants! Use google maps’ bike directions (http://maps.google.com/) and/or see these local bike/trail network links:
- Encourage car and/or ride-sharing to make sure that employees who bike can get around midday! Get more information about a special offer for bike commuters from Leadership Group member company, Getaround.
Click here to find best practices for encouraging biking to work year round!